Who's done this before? What was their approach? Did it work? Learn how six twinning partnerships took root and transpired.
- Nassau-Peru: Girls Scouts of Nassau County and Girl Scouts of Peru tackled the topics of juvenile diabetes, obesity, and nutrition, sharing information and discussing the critical roles of self-esteem, self-confidence, exercise, and a balanced diet in living a healthy life.
- New Orleans-San Diego-Kenya: The five thousand miles separating the Girl Scouts Louisiana East and San Diego-Imperial councils from their Girl Guide sisters living in Kenya didn't stop these young leaders from connecting and taking action to educate their peers about HIV/AIDS prevention.
- Tropical Florida-Dominican Republic: Girl Scouts of Tropical Florida and their Girl Guide sisters living in the Dominican Republic are using uniquely ME! The Dove/Girl Scout Self-Esteem Program to help their peers discover their values and talents and to develop the skills necessary to achieve good physical and emotional health.
- San Jacinto-México: Girl Scouts of San Jacinto and their sisters, Las Guías de México, worked together towards the development of a community action project to benefit girls in both the U.S. and Mexico, with the intent to build girls' self-esteem and leadership skills while focusing on teen pregnancy prevention.
- Arizona-Honduras: Girl Guides of Honduras and the Girl Scouts—Arizona Cactus-Pine Council are teaming up in an effort to stop the crime of human trafficking—and to end the exploitation of girls and women.
- Nation's Capital-Ecuador: Girl Scouts of the Nation's Capital (GSCNC) was the proud organizer and sponsor of Encuentro de Chicas Latinas de las Girl Scouts, a conference that empowered Latina youth with opportunities to acquire leadership skills and to spearhead public service projects within their schools and communities.