- Who We Are
- For Adults
- For Girls
- Girl Scout Shop
Web Application Developer
Summary of Position
Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want your talent to be used to make a positive impact on the lives of girls every day? Girl Scouts of the USA, an iconic American brand turned 101 years old this year, has an exciting opportunity for a passionate and well-skilled Web Application Developer to join the Interactive Marketing team to be part of highly talented digital marketers. We strive to bring exceptional digital customer experience for the Girl Scout Movement that will engage and attract new volunteers, members, and donors, furthering the Girl Scout mission: building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
The Web Application Developer will report to Director of Interactive Marketing, and enabling the team and the organization by bringing digital capabilities to our four main digital channels: web, email, social, and mobile. The day-to-day responsibilities include overseeing GirlScouts.org, GirlScoutCookies.org, ToGetHerThere.org, Web Apps, Intranet/Extranet, iPhone/Android Apps, Facebook/Twitter Apps, and email marketing service. The Web Application Developer must be customer-focused, hands-on, self-motivated, and thrive in a team environment.
• 3+ years of web development experience in Microsoft technologies, including ASP, ASP.NET MVC/SignalR, IIS 7, C#, MS SQL 2008, T-SQL, SSIS, Active Directory, Windows Server 2008, SVN/Git, and Visual Studio.
• 1+ years of development experience in full software development lifecycle, including integrating and supporting source code management, automated build, continuous integration, unit testing, load balancing, and load testing.
• 1+ years of working with SharePoint technologies.
• 1+ year of developing native iOS and Android apps.
• Strong technical knowledge in Scrum, Object Oriented Programming (OOP), Design Patterns, and Test Driven Development (TDD).
• Experience with managing servers and network infrastructure a plus.
• Experience with Cloud Servers (Azure, Amazon EC2, Rackspace Cloud Server) a plus.
• Experience with LAMP a plus.
• Experience with Social platforms integration (Facebook, Twitter) a plus.
• Experience with CRM (Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce.com) and CMS (Umbraco CMS, WordPress) a plus.
• Experience with Google Analytics or equivalent analytical tool a plus.
• Experience with Email Marketing Automation Service (Silverpop) a plus.
• Interest in digital marketing and customer engagement a plus.
• Needs to be detail oriented, resourceful, and self sufficient, who can work well under pressure.
• Strong team player with passion for constantly improving the product, user experience, code quality
• Demonstrated critical-thinking skills, strong analytical abilities, with a focus on achieving results.
• Must be committed to consistently learning and adapting to changing needs while staying current on existing technologies and standards.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent).
EOE/Committed to Diversity