Flexible Ways to Volunteer
Girl Scout Pathways
What new paths will you explore with girls? The answers are endless. Spend a day coaching a sports clinic. Build Habitat for Humanity homes with girls. Or lead a week's journey abroad. Whatever you choose, the time commitment is totally up to you, and you'll be making a lasting impact on the lives of young girls. We'll give you the information and support you need. And you'll have lots of fun doing it!
There are now several ways (we call them pathways) for you to get involved, simply by matching your expertise, skills, interests, and life experiences to the opportunities available at your local council:
- CAMP: Unplug from your everyday demands and explore the great outdoors with a group of like-minded girls. Share your passion and unique talents with tomorrow's outdoor enthusiasts.
- EVENTS: Have high energy but limited availability? Choose your favorite topics, and help girls unleash their potential. During half- to three-day events, you'll interact with girls, excite their passions, and help them become their best selves.
- SERIES: Have a particular skill or talent? Looking for a chance to work with girls without a long-term commitment? Then come share your passion with a focused group of girls who can't wait to learn your skill or pursue your area of interest.
- TRAVEL: Expand girls' horizons. Explore the world—or at least your corner of it—with a group of girls who need your help planning a trip, earning money, and preparing themselves for the adventures of travel.
- TROOPS: Want to participate in exciting activities, throughout the school year, with a small group of girls? You'll share so much as the girls in your troop earn awards and badges, go on field trips, and learn from community leaders and experts on issues important to your community.
- VIRTUAL: Enjoy mentoring girls in an online environment. The magic of the Internet will link you with girls who immerse themselves in leadership activities, earn badges, and enjoy the virtual—but very real—friendships that blossom.
Become a Girl Scout volunteer today. Enter your Zip code to find your local Girl Scout council.